Food combining for better digestion.
* Eat fruits with fruits.
* Mix citrus with citrus and soft fruits with soft fruits.
* Soaked nuts and citrus combine well.
* Always eat melon alone and do not mix them.
* Combine starchy foods like grains, potato, non-yeasted breads, etc. with vegetables.
* Eat only one type of starch at a meal.
* Eat protein with vegetables.
* Avoid mixing protein with starches.
* Avocado is considered a protein along with nuts and seeds.
* Eat only one type of protein at a meal.
* Eat nuts and seeds with leafy greens, zucchini, yellow or summer squash.
* Papaya can be eaten with all foods.
* Eat celery and lettuce with all vegetables or fruit except melons
* Tomatoes combine well with low starchy vegetables and either nuts or avocado.
* Avocados combine well with low starchy vegetables and fairly well with starches and acid
* Oils and starches, like grains and potato with ghee or flax seed oil are not the best combo,
but o.k. in limited amounts.